Sunday 12 February 2017

How To Become An Entrepreneur – Tips On Success



Making money, traveling, eating fancy food, buying lavish gifts, and just living the good life. That is what most people think of when they think of an entrepreneur. I want to set something straight, most entrepreneurs are not doing all those things that I listed above. So, let me share with you how to become an entrepreneur and you can see for yourself that we don’t live the most lavish lifestyles.
Why?
Entrepreneurs don’t live the most lavish lifestyles because we enjoy working, we enjoy building the next business, and we prefer to hold off on buying the next big thing so that we can afford the life that we actually want in the future.
When I was in my teens I thought that I wanted to become a professional athlete. I would play sports and did very well, but then I started to see that not all professional athletes get paid great money per year, this is when I changed my mind and wanted to become an entrepreneur. What kind of entrepreneur? I wasn’t sure yet, but I knew that is what I wanted to be.
If you have not yet seen my video on how to be an entrepreneur then I highly recommend you watch it now. After the video I am going to give you some tips on becoming an entrepreneur and being successful at it.

Tips On Becoming A Successful Entrepreneur

Take Calculated Risks

As an entrepreneur there will come a time when you need to take a risk. What you risk is completely up to you, but you will have some kind of risk. With that said, take calculated risks. Don’t be like so many new business owners and think that the higher the risk the higher the reward, sometimes the reward doesn’t outweigh the risks and in that case it would be foolish to make that wager. Educate yourself on the risks that you are about to take so that you feel confident about your decisions. Trust me, taking calculated risks is how most highly successful people make it to the next level and if you want to become an entrepreneur then you will have to take these risks as well.

Invest In Yourself

Let’s say you are making great money from your business. That is awesome and I am very happy for you, but now you need to do something with that money. What I like to do is invest in myself and my business. Buy new machines for the business, invest in new and higher skilled employees, and even pay your existing employees more money. The reason you need to invest in yourself is to make sure that your business can take the next step. Don’t think that you will be able to run your business on the same amount of capital that you started with, every so often you need to put money back in to see it grow.

Entrepreneurs Often Fail

This was the hardest thing that I ever learned as an entrepreneur. What most people don’t understand is that sometimes entrepreneurs fail and when they do they need to make the tough decisions. When your business fails what is your next step? Do you keep putting money back into the sinking ship or do you close shop and move on? This is a decision that you will need to make when that time comes. In most cases entrepreneurs don’t want to give up so they keep putting money into that sinking ship. I am here to tell you that giving up and knowing when to quit are two different things. Don’t give up because it is hard, close your business because you know there is nothing more to give. Entrepreneurs fail all the time, but the successful entrepreneurs know that not every business will be a success and when that happens they need to swallow their pride and move forward.

Diversify

This last tip is one that I have because I have seen many people lose everything. It was back in 2008 when I saw many friends of mine lose their houses, cars, and everything that they have worked so hard for all because the economy was in freefall. If only they would have diversified their businesses and had multiple income streams. Today I have close to 20 different income streams because I don’t want to be put in a position where I need to go get a regular job, I don’t want my family to struggle, and I never want to be backed against a wall for income. In my business and as an online entrepreneur I find that diversification gives me the ability to take more risks that I would normally take.
Hopefully this article gave you the insights that you need to take the next step to becoming an entrepreneur. I know a lot of people want the entrepreneur’s lifestyle, but are afraid to take the first steps in getting there. What I want you to do is take the very first step in the video, come up with an idea and build a business around it. You are reading this because you wanted to know how to become an entrepreneur, now that you know you need to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment